Friday, July 1, 2011

'Clay'kaari My Terracotta work

माझी 'क्ले' कारी Same post in Marathi

I love Ganesha ! and like to create different forms of Ganesha. Ever since my childhood I have always tried to portray Lord Ganesha in various forms. I have created Ganesha Sculptures of different material. The very first idol was made up of dough. Later in growing age tried my hands on ceramic powder and M-Seal (Clay like sealant). But always wanted to try terracotta. Just thought that baking would make them more durable, so finally tried to do so with the natural clay. One can get such clay from any lake or river. Make the sculptures of clay, let it dry for 3-4 days. and then bake it. Love that Terracotta natural color, still i have tried to color few of them.

Ganesha resting


before coloring


after


Musicians Ganesha


tried to color them.





Ganesha on peepal leaf पिंपळपान




another small items like elephant, camel and horse. They are not bigger than 2-3 inches :)


Horse.. have a closer look :)


different Masks


Few more Ganesha



another twosome



again a pair !


No comments:

Post a Comment